We deliver our RE lessons with the support of the Diocesan recommended scheme, 'The Way, The Truth and The Life'.
This scheme teaches and supports the children with the principles of the Catholic faith.
The scheme now offers some interactive activities for you to access with your child at home.
Further information is available on the Diocese of Leeds website.
Further information about half termly topics is sent home each half term within the R.E newsletter.
Expected Progress in RE (The Way, The Truth and The Life)
Virtues Education: Virtues to Live By
Children are taught about the Catholic Virtues to deepen understanding and appreciation of the essential role the virtues play in the education of the whole person towards human flourishing. The virtues chosen are common across cultures and faiths, but are sourced from the Christian tradition. They are linked directly to work in the Diocese of Leeds on the virtues and character education (see companion documents here dioceseofleeds.org.uk/education/re-catholic-life/character-education).
“Virtues to Live By” is a resource created by the Diocese of Leeds with the creative and financial support of the Leeds Diocesan Association of Primary Headteachers.
“Virtues to Live by” Guiding Principles
To ensure children and young people are given opportunities to:
1. Experience a positive and purposeful ethos providing a sense of belonging to their school community.
2. Grow in their knowledge and understanding of the virtues.
3. Practise the virtues to further the call to live life to the full.
4. Appreciate the connection between biblical and practical wisdom and living.
5. Hear the Christian story and encounter it in practice.
6. Understand their uniqueness and dignity as made in the image and likeness of God.
7. Know that our limitations are also opportunities for growth.
8. To notice, to reflect, to pray and to play
9. To exercise the cognitive, affective and behavioural components of character: know it in your head, feel it in your heart and show it with your hands.