Schools, families and parishes in the Leeds Diocese are invited to share their Advent and Christmas preparations via Twitter using the #preparetheway hashtag.
We would love to see how our children and families are preparing and remembering the true meaning of Christmas! Remember to tag us in too @stpatselland !
What's on in school?
Friday 25th November 2022 from 2pm.
Advent Wreath Making and Liturgy
Children from across school will be making our Advent Wreaths. Each class will receive a handmade wreath which children will discuss, learn about and light their first candle this week.
Our Advent Wreaths will be blessed during our first liturgy of the Christmas season on Monday 28th November 2022.
Early Years and Key Stage 1 Nativity Performance
Children in Classes Fountains, Bolton and Whitby will perform for families and friends of our school on Tuesday 13th December.
Key Stage Two children will celebrate the season of Christmas with a Christingle and Carol service on Wednesday 14th December. This will take place at 5pm in church and we warmly welcome and encourage all of our families to join us.
Things to do at home during Advent
- Download a special interactive Advent Calendar from the Catholic Children's Society - Click here
- Check out this Big Bad Post of Advent Ideas for Catholic Families.
- Pray as a family each week this Advent. For some prayer ideas, click here
- Or access 25 prayers (a prayer per day) here
- Enjoy Advent together as a family - try some of these ideas
- Try one (or all!) of these ten suggested easy Advent traditions - Click here